Don't Forget Our Esports Dream [Demo]
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Don't Forget Our Esports Dream is a narrative game set in the South Korean esports scene during the prominence of StarCraft: Brood War (200X - 2009). You play as Bolt, a professional StarCraft player at a flashpoint in his career. The game explores both the struggles and triumphs of esports competitors in the context of young players learning what it means to chase their dreams at all cost.
Following the success of SC2VN, a free visual novel about StarCraft 2 esports, Team Eleven set to make a followup taking place in the Brood War era. The game focuses on the career and relationship between Jett and Bolt, two professional players struggling to find their place among their fellow competitors.
Demo and Full Version
The demo runs about 20-30 minutes and covers the introduction of key characters, the Codex system and StarCraft gameplay. The full game is about 8 hours long for one playthrough, and is currently available for purchase on Steam.
We plan to release the full game for purchase on Itch.io very soon!
- Simulated StarCraft sequences that allow the player to mimic actual StarCraft gameplay.
- Achievements on Steam for achieving high APM and accuracy during StarCraft gameplay.
- Codex of terms to help familiarize players with the esports industry, characters, and cultural aspects of South Korea.
- Star Sense dialog system - present terms about esports, strategy, and other characters through the codex to learn more about the world of esports.
- No previous knowledge of esports or StarCraft required.
Tim Young - Developer and Producer - @shindags
Stephanie Yang - Character Artist - @hikariix
Collin "Mondonator" - Music - @mondonator
Contact: team eleven eleven at gmail dot com
StarCraft®, StarCraft®: Brood War®, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty®, StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm® images and audio provided by Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
Don't Forget Our Esports Dream is an independent project not affiliated with Blizzard Entertainment or its partners.
1) Unzip the file
2) Run the .exe for windows, .app for Mac, and .sh for Linux
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.